Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Moment You've All Been Waiting For...

Or maybe just me. Ever since I found out that I got this fellowship back in March, I've been waiting to hear what my actual research will be. It's still a little unclear but it looks like I will mostly be doing genetics research with an emphasis on molecular biology and biochemistry!

Today was my first day in the lab and it was not too bad as far as first days go: I spent about two hours doing online safety training and getting a tour of the lab (basically, if you screw up, your skin will melt off, you'll get cancer, and MSU will be fined hundreds of thousands of dollars) and then we went to lunch at an Indian restaurant. The afternoon was spent getting a refresher on genetics and genetics research techniques from my Danish superior.


I've had a few experiences being the only new girl but this one was unique. Just about everyone mentioned how they had read my resume but they all seemed to be under the impression that I was a biochemistry major. I hope I didn't actually say that and they just have bad memories. Overall though, the lab seems pretty nice and I think I'm really going to enjoy working there this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment