Thursday, May 30, 2013

More about this summer.

I left out quite a few details in my previous post on what I'm doing this summer so let me just tell you a little bit more:

I'll be living in Lansing from May 27 to August 2. I found a place to live on Craigslist and it turned out that everyone who normally lives there is in the Plant Biology Ph.D program at MSU. The house is about 3.5 miles west of the plant biology building on campus and I plan to bike there everyday.

I found out about this through Calvin's Biology Department. We get a lot of emails from Oct - March with links to places you can apply for summer research. This one stood out because it had an easy application (because I had already written the essay for another application), it was in a desirable location, and most importantly, I was interested in and prepared for the research topic.

There are seven other research fellows, half of them are from MSU, and the other three are from Kalamazoo College, University of Puerto Rico, and somewhere in Wisconsin. All of us are majoring in some sort of biology or chemistry-related field and we will all be working in different labs that are run by professors and grad students from MSU.

No comments:

Post a Comment